For many years it was believed that marine fish are much healthier river
- It is much more calcium , fluorine, iodine, and in particular compounds
Omega -3 - polyunsaturated fatty acids, not produced by the human body ,
and entering it only with food. All this is true , but as it turned out,
saltwater fish can be dangerous mercury poisoning.

It is not unlike the physiology of marine and freshwater fish, and in chemical
characteristics of sea water. Marine fish more susceptible to mercury contamination,
than fresh water. And although the concentration of mercury in the river fish is significantly higher
than in fish of the sea, is more dangerous to our health, yet the sea. Such
paradoxical conclusion drawn by researchers from University Medical Center
Duke in the U.S. (Duke University Medical Center). They found that in sea
fish contain a dangerous form of mercury as methylmercury. If the river
water-soluble methyl mercury combines with organic matter and subsequently
rapidly decomposed, the salty sea, it becomes chemically inactive.
Methylmercury is a potent neurotoxin that can cause
disorders of kidney and brain, and even death. "Nature often transforms
methylmercury to less toxic form by sunlight. When methylmercury
connected to the river water with organic solutes, such as plant
or living organisms, the sun's rays more effectively destroy
it. But methylmercury in seawater is strongly associated with chloride ions
sea ​​salt, which makes this material much more stable.
And so she remains a danger to our health "- explains
Professor Heylin Hsu-Kim (Heileen Hsu-Kim), co-author of the study. Situation
with a "tasty and" marine fish is compounded by the fact that the organism
Fish absorb the toxic chemicals from the water, and these are becoming more
concentrated as they move up the food chain. Large
fish eat small fish and larger fish (like tuna and salmon)
absorb chemicals from the fish they consume. A tuna and salmon
- Favorite delicacy of many people.

Share This Post: